Monday, August 24, 2009

"Secret Agent Man"

Johnny Rivers (born John Henry Ramistella, 7 November 1942, in New York) is an American rock and roll singer, songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. He was versatile enough to do folk songs, blues, and revivals of old-time rock 'n' roll music songs and some original material. Rivers's greatest success came in the mid and late 1960s with a series of successful songs (including "Seventh Son", "Poor Side of Town", "Summer Rain", and "Secret Agent Man"), but he has continued to record and perform to the present.


,,,,, , ,

4 comments:

StayBank said...

Of course Secret Agent Man was the theme song for a UK produced television show with the same name, but in the UK the show was called Danger Man and had its own theme recorded by Rivers. As far as I recall, only three words in the lyrics were changed.

Economatheek said...

I'm glad I was wrong when I first heard this song and thought he sang "secret asian man"! =)

I really like your blog. Maybe I'm biased, being the owner of a very similar blog. My blog is a trip through time, starting in the early 50's and heading for present time. So far, we're still in 1950, and I've found some lovely music through this project.

In a few months, we'll reach the 60's, and then our blogs will have a lot in common. However I'll definitely keep following this wonderful blog. Keep posting, and please swing by my blog:

http://musical-time-machine.blogspot.com/

oldschoolmusiclover said...

Hi there.
This blog is my kinda blog with my kind of "feel good music" (LOL) I have an oldies blog too and it's the best music around.

Johnny Rivers was one of my faves back in the day. He was a frequent guest on Bandstand and I recall thinking that he was too cute!

Keep these 60s songs coming.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, yes! I love this song, with its cool rhythm and ominous message combined! Johnny Rivers is another cool rock singer. I saw him in concert down by the Charles River Esplanade several years ago, and he sang this particular song, in addition to his other cool hits!

Thanks for posting this. My heart melts every time I hear those great old '60's songs! Keep 'em coming...they're beautiful!