Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Turn Around



The year was '68-'69, the movies were "Love Story" and "Romeo & Juliet", it was a time of rEVOLution, and for me, it was a time of awakening and wonder. This love ballad by The Vogues was #1 for several weeks. And it still opens my heart whenever I hear it. Enjoy!

"There is someone walking behind you,
turn around, look at me.
There is someone watching your footsteps,
turn around, look at me
There is someone who really needs you,
here's my heart in my hand.
Turn around, (turn around,) look at me,
(look at me,) understand,understand,
That there's someone who'll stand beside you.
Turn around, look at me.
And there's someone who'll love and guide you.
Turn around, look at me.
I've waited, but I'll wait forever for you to come to me.
Look at someone (look at someone) who really loves you,
yeah, really loves you. Turn around, look at me."
(TPW)

,,,,, , ,

2 comments:

Peter Allyn Clay said...

Great song. although I prefer five o'clock world from them!

whiteray said...

One of the all-time resonators for me. I can still see her in the hallway, oh so long ago.